Hardware and Software
- Broadband Internet Access
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office Professional 2016
- Access – a database program that allows you to store, retrieve, analyze and print information, managing large amounts of data.
- Excel – a spreadsheet program that allows you to organize and revise data, calculate and compare numbers, and create charts and reports.
- PowerPoint – a program that allows you to make presentation slides, outlines for your presentation, speaker’s notes and audience handouts.
- Publisher – a desktop publishing program that allows you to create professional looking publications including brochures, newsletters, greeting cards, signs, business cards, stationery and flyers.
- Word – a word processing program that allows you to create, modify and format documents such as letters, resumes, reports, form letters and newsletters.
- Additional Software
- Adobe Acrobat Reader – reads pdf files often used to maintain an original document over varied digital devices.
- WinWay Resume Deluxe – will guide you in creating a resume specific to the job you seek.
Photoshop computer is reserved for scanning and image manipulation. For scanning we offer an Epson Perfection V600 Photo scanner. Software includes Adobe Creative Suite 6. USB ports and a DVD drive are available for patron to save their work.
Tutor computer center has 4 computers for use by library staff to provide one-on-one tutoring for patrons.
Microfilm computer is attached to a Canon Microfilm Scanner 300/300II to allow patrons to save microfilm images in digital format. Also stored on this computer are Sanborn fire maps of Allegany, Olean and Portville. These computers run Windows XP with USB ports and dvd drive for patron use.