Getting a Card
The Olean Public Library is a member of the Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Library System (CCLS). The library card you receive from us can be used at any CCLS member library.
Adults must complete a registration form and present identification with their current
Children ages 13-17 must complete a registration form and present identification with current address or have the signature of a parent or legal guardian who presents identification with current address.
Children ages 4-12 are eligible for their own library card. When applying, children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with a valid Olean Public Library card or another acceptable form of identification. Children under the age of 4 are not eligible for their own library cards.
- Always bring your card to borrow materials.
- Children must be present in the library in order for materials to be checked out on their card.
- Your account will be suspended any time accumulated fines or fees reach $10.00.
- If your card is lost, stolen or misplaced, identification is required to replace it or to borrow materials. Replacement cards will be issued at the cost of $1.00.
The Library Director has discretion over all library policies and may modify them on a case by case basis.
For your protection, please notify the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen or your account is in any way compromised. You are responsible for all items checked out on your account.
38 member libraries are online sharing the CCLS catalog. You may borrow from and return items to any of these libraries as you would your home library.
In Cattaraugus County:
- Allegany Public Library
- Delevan-Yorkshire Public Library
- Ellicottville Memorial Library
- Blount Library, Inc., Franklinville, NY
- Gowanda Free Library
- King Memorial Library, Machias, NY
- Olean Public Library
- Randolph Free Library
- Seneca Nation-Allegany Branch, Salamanca, NY
Items borrowed from member libraries may be returned to any online library. Rules of the lending library apply to items borrowed at that library.