Use your own laptop or mobile device equipped with a Wi-Fi radio to access our wireless network. For information on how to connect your phone or mobile device to a wireless network, click here or review the instructions that came with your equipment.
Connecting to the LIBRARY Wi-Fi network:
- Simply select the ‘Library’ Wi-Fi network from your list of available networks.
- A webpage should pop up on most devices, if not, you might need to open a browser window and then try to reconnect to the ‘Library’ network.
- Once the webpage appears, simply check the box indicating that ‘I Agree with the Wireless Access Policy.’ It should look like this:
Wireless Printing at Olean Public Library
Sending emails to the reference desk is still a reliable options for printing from your wireless devices.
Wireless Printing with the SPOT Global Printing App
- Download the SPOT Global Printing App from the appropriate app store.
- Select Olean Public Library (NY)
- Select the Olean Library Remote Printer
- The application will generate a PIN number – all print jobs sent under a given PIN are tied to it. If you change the PIN number all previous print jobs will be lost. If you change the PIN you will need to re-send any print jobs to print them.
- Select the item you want to print
- Choose the Olean Library Remote Printer
- Nothing will print until you arrive at the Olean Public Library
- When you Arrive at the Library, simply enter your SPOT Global Print PIN number at the Print Release Station
- Pay for your prints through the coin vending station
- Click Print on the Print Release Station and retrieve your prints!
*.pdf files seem to work the most reliably. There is occasionally a delay of several hours for non .pdf documents. These can still be sent to the reference desk if there is a problem.