The FBI Common Scams and Crimes page details a wide variety of scams to be aware of and how to protect yourself.
Features resources on Identity theft, online security, fraud prevention, and scams.
New York State Resources
- NYS Department of State – Scam Prevention
- NYS Attorney Generals office – Charities Bureau Registry Search ;
- NYS Office of Temporary Disability Assistance – EBT Scam Alert
Better Business Bureau
- The BBB Scamtracker Includes resources to report scams, look up known scams, and a scam prevention guide. The site also includes news, research, and reports on fraud and scams compiled from the BBB Scam tracker.
- Give.org – BBB wise giving alliance – searchable database of Charitable Organizations that meet their 20 Standards of Charity Accountability
Common Sense Media provides trustworthy information and tools, as well as an independent forum, so that families can have a choice and a voice about the media they consume.
Advice from the National Cyber Security Alliance on topics from cyberbullying to use of mobile devices.
The kidSAFE® Seal Program is a new, fast-growing “seal of approval” program that independently reviews and certifies the safety practices of children-friendly websites and technologies, including kid-targeted game sites, educational sites, virtual worlds, social networks, mobile apps, tablet devices, and other similar online and interactive products.