Part-Time Library Page-Children’s Department
The Olean Public Library has a part-time Library Page position open in the Children’s Department. Exemplary customer service and excellent computer skills required.
- 18-23 hours per week (varies)
- Possible hours: M-Th 9-9pm, Fri 9-6pm, and some Saturdays 930-5pm
- Help customers find library items
- Clean and straighten play area
- Shelve items to their proper location
- Shelf reading and straightening shelves
- Answering phones / signing customers up for programs
- Other tasks may include folding newsletters, cutting shapes, stapling, copying
- Exemplary customer service know-how
- Comfortable working with families and children
- Excellent computer skills. Assist patrons with mobile devices, computer issues, scanning, troubleshoot printers, and Internet searches
- Ability to push heavy book carts
- Ability to shelve library materials at ground level and up high (kneeling and using step stools)
- Professional dress code
- Criminal background check
Applications available at Circulation Desk of library.
The mission of the Olean Public Library is to provide equal access to materials in various formats, programs, services, and professional staff to assist all people with their educational, informational and leisure needs.
- Board of Trustees
- The Library is governed by a Board of Trustees who decides on policies for its operation and governance within New York State Education Department regulations and its own By-laws. The seven members of this Board come from throughout the Olean School District and are nominated and voted into this position by popular vote of the residents of the School District. The Board meets every month except July and August.
- The Library Director is the administrative officer of the Board of Trustees. Library regulations and staff procedures are established and administered by the Library Director within the general policies established by the Board of Trustees. The Library Director makes appointments to the staff to positions approved by the Board of Trustees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All decisions regarding recruiting, hiring, promotion, assignment, training, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.