Friends of the Library is a non-profit group of citizens who believe that an excellent library is essential to a community, and who work to promote and assist the library.
Please join us the second Monday of each month (January-June, September-November) in the Library's Conference Room. Meetings are open to the public.
Get Your Friends 2017 Calendar
Full-color 13-month calendar features libraries in Cattaraugus, Allegany and Chautauqua counties.
Help fund programming and the book endowment for the Olean Public Library with the purchase of a 2017 calendar.
Calendars are avaliable at the Olean Public Library and through Friends members. Each calendar is $10 and can be mailed for an additional $5. Payments may be made by cash, check (made payable to Friends of the Library) or PayPalmake sure to indicate it is for the purchase of a calendar.
Makes a great gift!
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop the Friends of the Library Book Sale any time the library is open. All proceeds from the sale go to the Friends of the Library of Olean, NY, Inc. Book Endowment fund which supplements the purchase of new material for loan.
|Because of the cost to recycle unwanted books, the library is strictly enforcing its donation policy to accept only books that they can add to the collection or put in the book sale.|
- To promote literary and educational activities with the Library
- To increase, improve and publicize the resources and services of the Library
- To help enlarge public support of the Library
- To solicit endowments and bequests to benefit the Library
- To maintain and increases the Book Endowment Fund
- Established the Book Endowment Fund
- Support and co-sponsor programs and events
- Provide a publicity budget for Library events
- Provided volunteer staff
- Contribute to summer reading programs
- Sponsor annual bookmark and poetry contests aimed at drawing our school children into the library